My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.theastromaidchronicles.com
and update your bookmarks.

Translate This!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pre-departure Farewell

The time has arrived! Leslie, her sister Amanda and I will depart Ohio tomorrow morning around 6am, with a brief layover in Chicago then Miami before our actual flight to Santiago departs around 7pm.

I have everything I could possibly need, and then a little bit more. Leslie helped me pare down some things I was undecided on (i.e. a hammock and spice jars...hey, those are almost-necessities), but I'm still bringing the most crap of us all. I think some of it has to do with my jewelry inventory and supplies, and the heavy-duty Manduka yoga mat. And the cowboy boots. And the variety of tank tops and leggings. To my own credit, I have a definite USE for everything I'm bringing. There is no unneccessary item. For example, that pair of red sandals I bought and never wore? Not coming with me.  And when you think about it, the Shanonce afro wig takes up almost no space. For how large it can expand, it condenses surprisingly well.

(Yes, the wig is a necessity. That's one of my creative pursuits, guys.)

I've triple and quadruple-checked that I have my passport. I have my finances arranged. I've said goodbye to everyone, tearfully. We have a place to live. I know Spanish. I've got these two girls with me. And we have resources, creativity, and travel know-how bursting from our pores.

I think we're ready.

I'll post again soon, from the bottom half of the world! Hasta luego, amigos!


No comments:

Post a Comment